This is a great recipe for using up some fresh vegetables from your garden! I just love this with fresh home-grown tomatoes.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 small zucchini, sliced (about 1 lb)
- 2 small tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup crouton (or use seasoned if you like more flavor...I like garlic croutons)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- Place half of the zucchini slices in a 1 1/2 quart casserole. Top with half of the diced tomato, onion, croutons, salt and pepper.
- Repeat the layers once; top with tomato wedges. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove the cover and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Such a simple and colourful veggie dish, next time I would prefer to use larger zucchini as mine were little and didnt present so well, but taste wise, perfect. Really enjoyed this, thank you breezermom, this was made and enjoyed for International Agents of Quest, USA Southern Region Updated to add, made again, excellent :) made my own garlic croutons this timeReply
This is a really tasty veggie casserole. Loved the addition of the croutons. I had some zucchini that needed to be used up along with some home grown tomatoes. I changed the recipe just a tiny bit -- I used petite diced tomatoes (drained) for layering in the casserole and then used my home grown tomatoes (sliced) on the top. I left off the cheese at DH's request. Sooo delicious! Made for the Culinary Quest - U. S. Southern Region, August, 2014.1Reply
see 4 more