Tomato Summer Squash Soup
- Ready In:
- 8 1⁄2 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 4 cups yellow squash, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium tomatoes, chopped with juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1. Heat 1/2 cup broth in large pot over medium heat.
- 2. Add carrot, onion, celery, and squash.
- 3. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- 4. Add garlic and basil.
- 5. Gradually stir in flour and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6. Gradually add remaining broth and tomatoes.
- 7. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 8. Add black pepper and milk.
- 9. Heat through and serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have lived in Wyoming for 30+ years. I love the mountains and have adapted to high altitude cooking. I do dutch oven cooking. I love to hike & camp. So I am always looking for recipes for my dutch, or easy to pack & cook for camping. The challenge is finding healthy and tasty dutch oven recipes! <br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt=/ /></p>