Tomato Shrimp With Feta Cheese
A hearty dish with a lot of flavor. Great served over rice.
- Ready In:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 lb raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- parsley, snipped
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in olive oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Stir in wine, basil, oregano, salt, red pepper and tomatoes. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook until shrimp is pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Serve with hot cooked rice if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We really enjoyed this tasty dish. I used jumbo shrimp and jasmin rice. The shrimp were perfectly cooked and the sauce was excellant. The feta cheese really tied the dish and the rice together. What a lovely hearty, creamy, cheesy, seafood treat. I will make this quick and easy to make dish again. Thank you for sharing.Reply