Tomato and Mint Salad (Shirazi)
Delicious Iranian style salad. Easy to throw together, goes well with kebabs, kofta, anything really. Prep time includes refrigeration time....
- Ready In:
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cucumber, seeded and diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 teaspoon dried mint or 10 leaves of fresh mint, finely chopped,about
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Toss together and refrigerate 1/2 hour to blend flavors.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I had tomatoes to use up, so I made a double batch of this salad. It had a very nice flavour and was perfect for lunch on a hot summer day. I used fresh mint. The only change I made was to decrease the olive oil and increase the red wine vinegar to compensate. I found there was a bit too much liquid so maybe next time I won’t use as much red wine vinegar. Good recipe -- thanks!