Tomates Rellenos - Tapas
This is one of the tapas recipes that I use either as a appetizer or side dish or just a snack. Adjust the amounts of ingredients and seasonings to your taste.
- Ready In:
- 6 small tomatoes
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled, mashed
- 4 tablespoons aioli (or mayonnaise)
- salt, pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- olive oil
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes and maybe a slice off the bottom so you can stand them flat.
- Remove the insides of the tomatoes with a spoon or knife.
- Mix the eggs, aioli, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Fill the tomatoes. Replace the tops, sprinkle with some olive oil and black pepper.
- tips: if the mixture seems too soft you might have to add some bread crumbs. If you are using mayonnaise instead of aioli, season it with garlic.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is great! I wouldn't change a thing! It makes a pretty dish that looks like it takes a lot more work than it really does. My only advice is to pay attention to the "small" part of the tomato description. My tomatoes were apple sized, and the egg mixture only filled three of them. I would think the perfect size would be about halfway between a cherry tomato and a regular one. In fact, you might get by with using roma tomatoes cut in half. I'll be serving this recipe to company. Thanks Bellinda!!Reply
see 1 more