Tofu Tikka Masala
photo by Wildwood Recipes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 jalapeno chile, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 ounces Wildwood® Hi-Protein Super Firm SprouTofu®, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped in 1-inch long thin slices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 -4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 cup Wildwood® Plain Soymilk
- some chopped cilantro (to garnish)
- season with salt
- Mix together lemon juice, ginger, garlic, green chili, half of the cilantro, chili powder, salt, and Tofu in a bowl. Cover and leave to marinate for an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook onions for 3-5 minutes on medium heat until translucent. Add turmeric powder, yogurt, Soymilk and the remaining cilantro. Stir for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the Tofu mixture into the sauce and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh cilantro with your choice of Indian Nan bread or heated rice.
- Nutrition Facts: Serving Size 1 Serving. Calories: 270. Calories from Fat: 150. Total Fat: 17g. Saturated Fat: 2g. Trans Fat: 0g. Cholestrol: 0mg. Sodium: 590mg. Total Carbohydrate: 16g. Dietary Fiber: 3g. Sugars: 5g. Protein: 16g.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm not giving stars because I totally messed up this, actually very simple, recipe. But, I write the review to warn others that the soymilk is not negotiable. I used regular milk not thinking and the whole thing curdled. It was totally inedible. Again, this was my fault completely and otherwise the recipe was easy, healthy and I think would have tasted great. Just a warning to other cooks! I'll try again. Thanks Wildwood Recipes....