Toffee Crunch Blondies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
An alternative to traditional brownies, found on the Chipits website when looking for something unrelated!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup Golden Crisco Shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups Skor English toffee bits, divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking pan.
- In large bowl, beat shortening and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs until creamy.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture with milk.
- Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) of the toffee bits and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Spread evenly in baking pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle evenly with remaining toffee bits. Let cool. Cut into bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION