From "All Time Favorite Recipes".
- Ready In:
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts (or more if you would like to garnish the top)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; grease 13x9 inch baking pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, walnuts, 6 tablespoons butter and baking soda; press firmly on bottom of prepared pan and bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining 2 tablespoons butter and milk; cook and stir until mixture thickens slightly (about 15 minutes); remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and pour evenly over baked crust.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; immediately sprinkle chips on top.
- Let stand 1 minute, spread chips evenly while still warm; garnish with additional walnuts if desired.
- Cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION