Toasted Turkey and Bacon Sandwiches
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 8 slices soft Italian bread (about 1/2 in. thick)
- 4 ounces deli turkey (shaved from deli)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and halved
- 4 slices tomatoes, halved
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- IN small bowl,mix mayonnaise and dressing.
- Spread on one side of each slice of bread.
- Top each of 4 bread slices with turkey, baconk, tomato,cheese and remaining bread slices, mayonnaise mixture side down.
- Spread butter on one side of each sandwich.
- In a 12 inches skillet, place sandwiches butter side down.
- Spread butter over top of each sandwich.
- Cover; cook over medium-low heat for 6-8 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Turn sandwiches; cover and cook 5-6 minutes longer or until bottoms are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Join The Conversation
Absolutely delish!! Love the mixture of mayonnaise and ranch! I used Italian Bread; buttered one side of each piece of bread, put the mayo/ranch mix on the other; added sliced cheddar cheese, turkey slices, bacon and also swiss cheese. Grilled in the skillet a few mins on each side, and voila. Sandwich perfection.
This is a different twist-up to the traditional grill-cheese sammy. A great one that will be a keeper in this household as grill chesse is made at least once a week. I used American white and yellow for the cheese choice. I know I'll be trying sharp or any variety of kinds as they'd all work depending on your preferences. The tangyness of the mayo-blend is what's especially unique. Thanks for posting and glad I tagged for Photo-Tag~