photo by IngridH
- Ready In:
- 2 tilapia fillets or 2 similar fish, enough for two servings
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice, depending on your taste
- 2 tablespoons whole capers
- 1 teaspoon minced capers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light cream
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- flour, to dredge fish
- black pepper
- Pepper the fillets and lightly coat them in flour.
- Heat olive oil in large pan over medium heat and saute the fish till golden brown on each side and cooked almost through. Remove from pan.
- De-glaze the pan with the wine, cook for just a minute and add 2 tablespoons butter and capers. Cook for about 2 minutes reducing mixture just a little.
- Add lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and salt to taste.
- Add fish back to pan spooning mixture over it and cook till completely done, about a minute or so, and remove to serving plates.
- Add the cream (I used Half&Half) and blend in until mixture just coats the back of a spoon. Add more if necessary.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish and enjoy!
This was good. We tripled the recipe, cooking the fish fillets a few at a time and keeping warm in the oven util all were cooked, then topped with the sauce before serving. The crust on the fish was nice and crunchy, and the sauce had a rich, creamy flavor and texture without being too heavy. I'm not sure that capers and marsala are a really good match in this dish, although I love capers, next time I would leave them out. Overall, a very enjoyable and easy dinner. Thanks for posting!