Tilapia Hot Pot
Maybe not a true hot pot, but is it a soup?, a stew?, or just succotash and potatoes with Tilapia? It IS quick and easy -- and tasty! Good on a cold rainy day, served with Recipe #26605, or Recipe #76218, or your favorite corn bread --
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes (or 1/4 cup chopped onion)
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups frozen baby lima beans
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes (with basil and garlic)
- 2 cups potatoes (4 medium, chopped)
- 8 ounces tilapia fillets (or any mild white fish)
- 11 ounces mexicorn (whole kernel corn and peppers)
- Brown onion flakes briefly in olive oil; add beef broth, bay leaves, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and lima beans.
- Bring to a boil and cook gently for 10 minutes; add stewed tomatoes and chopped potatoes. Cook about 10-15 minutes til potatoes are tender, but not falling apart.
- Add Tilapia fillets, corn and peppers; Bring back to heat, and cook gently about 5 minutes, just until fish flakes.