- Ready In:
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 head red-leaf lettuce
- 1 bunch spinach (about 1/2 lb)
- 2 cups canned mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced in thin rings
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Combine lettuce and spinach leaves, orange segments, cheese, bacon, and red onion slices.
- In another bowl, combine sugar, grated onion, mustard, salt, and vinegar and blend with a whisk.
- Add oil gradually, blending well.
- Stir in poppy seeds and sesame seeds and toss salad with dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We are going to have an issue now that my FAVE auntie anne is a lover of zaar - I'll want to give all your recipes 10 stars and the max is 5! This salad is to die for. I'm so over the current and tired myriad of nut, blue chz, apple salads. This one is so unexpected and easy stuff to keep all on hand. Love, Love, Love it! Made it for NYE and it saved the meal (after I accidentally omitted a key ingredient and ruined the pork!) The recipe was demanded by all. Thanks auntie anne - keep the good recipes coming!