- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- powdered sugar
- whole almond (garnish)
- Process first 7 ingredients in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add toasted almonds, cream, and crystallized ginger; pulse until mixture is blended Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Flatten each cookie to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Garnish, if you desire Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool slightly on baking sheet.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am college student in South Carolina with a passion for food. I recently discovered my passion for cooking, and found that whether or not the dish is for me, I love to cook for others as well. In fact the majority of what I cook is not for me, but for my family. I live at the beach, and am a lover of all foods. I enjoy surfing, fishing, outdoor activities, and cooking. I hope that I can be an asset to this site.