Thousand Island Dressing
photo by looneytunesfan
- Ready In:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green olives
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- In a bowl combine yogurt, vegetable oil, tomato sauce, lemon juice, mustard powder, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk together until blended.
- Add onion, sweet relish, olives, and jalapeño and whisk to combine evenly.
- Chill 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Outstanding version of a famous dressing. This has a bit of tang and zip not usually present in other 1000 Island dressings that I have tried. I really loved the bit of spice and the olives in this - and the yogurt really make this rich and delicious tasting. I ommitted the bit of jalapeno (had none on hand) and found it absolutely delicious without the extra heat - the mustard powder provides enough zip on its own. Excellent. This will now be our standard 1000 Island dressing. Thanks.
I followed the recipe exactly, also using the jalapenos because we like a little heat in our food. Three of us tried it last night, and all said that it just didn't work for us. We also noticed that the light creamy consistency with the yogurt made it difficult to coat and stick to all the salad ingredients. It's obviously just a matter of personal taste, as others here report that they really enjoyed it.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I haven't been here for a long time, MY recipes aren't up for adoption. :) And don't change any of them either. ;)