The Very Best Pound Cake
photo by bmartin1958
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour (Sift flour into measuring cup to total 4 cups)
- 1 lb unsalted butter, softened (4 sticks)
- 10 large eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- Cream flour and butter together until smooth. I do this part in my stand mixer.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until lemon colored and frothy, I do this part with my hand held mixer.
- Add egg and sugar mixture to flour and butter mixture and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Place batter into a greased and floured 10” tube cake pan. Tap the bottom of the pan on a counter top a couple of times to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Bake @ 300° for 1 ½ hours or until tests done with toothpick.
I can't believe this hasn't been rated yet. So simple and so good. I was looking for something not too sweet to make with what I had on hand. This was perfect. I was a little leary of it at first, I mean 10 eggs and 1&1/2 hours to cook. I'd never made a pound cake before. But this one is one I will make many many times.
I bake every week. I have made many pound cakes. This one is super easy and makes a beautiful cake. Easy to add lemon zest or any flavoring you want to change it up. My husband loves lemon with berries on top. My son like a vanilla pound cake with chocolate ganache drizzle. No matter what, it is wonderful everything time. This is my go to pound cake. Everyone loves it.
I have made many pound cakes but it has been some time since I made one. I found this one...so simple...so easy...4 ingredients. I followed the directions except for cooking time. My oven cooks a little higher so I cooked it 5 minutes less. It was perfect. It is a beautiful cake with the size and the color, and it is delicious
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My SO and I live in a rural area in Virginia with one dog and 3 cats. SO has a greenhouse and grows a large garden so we always have tons of fresh veggies in the spring and summer. We can and freeze some but enjoy many of them fresh straight from the garden.There is nothing I like better than being in the kitchen with a new recipe to try. My goal is at least one new one every weekend. It's the perfect relaxation after a long week at work. <img src="http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/northwestgal/redbannercopy.jpg" border="0" alt="New Kids Participation Banner"> <img src="http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/flower753/Food/soup_banner.jpg"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/BBG-AMbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">