The Ultimate Sweet Potato Casserole
photo by Lilyljj
- Ready In:
- 2 (40 ounce) cans sweet potatoes in syrup, drained
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
- 2. In large mixing bowl, combine sweet potatoes, butter, sugar, cinnamon, and clove. With an electric mixer or potato masher, whip mixture until fluffy.
- 3. Grease a 9- or 10-inch pie pan or casserole dish. (I needed a larger dish.) Layer sweet potato mixture and marshmallows in the following manner: Spoon half the potato mixture into the pie pan; smooth over; spread 1 cup marshmallows over mixture; cover marshmallows with remaining puree.
- 4. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove dish from oven, sprinkle top evenly with remaining marshmallows, pecan, and coconut. Return dish to oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until marshmallows and pecans are golden brown and lightly toasted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!