The "only" Power Cookies
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces pumpkin seeds, raw
- 2 ounces sunflower seeds, raw
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 4 ounces canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces honey
- 5 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 3 1⁄2 ounces warm water
- 1 ounce dried cherries
- 1 ounce dried cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 ounces raisins
- 20 ounces whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 ounces wheat germ
- 5 1⁄2 ounces rolled oats
- 1 ounce mini chocolate chip
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon iodized salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toast seeds in preheated oven for about 5 minutes, until oils release.
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.Except chocolate chips.
- Mix wet and dry to form a batter.
- Scoop on sheet pan with parchment paper. 12/ sheet.
- Place 8-10 mini chocolate chips on each cookie.
- Bake 6 minutes, then roatate tray and bake for 3 more minutes.
- Pull from oven and cool.
- Wrap and serve as a nutritious snack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in southeastern CT. I am a career chef and caterer. I travel for fun. I enjoy exploring the culinary world in different parts of the country. I do not have a favorite cookbook, perhaps my very first, Betty Crocker's Kids cookbook. LOL My passion is to educate every walk of life on how to eat healthy and balance your body to become the very best "you" you can be. One of my many pet peeves are people that cannot think outside of the box and mostly folks that do not know the meaning of loyalty and respect.