- Ready In:
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups rolled oats, one-minute style
- 1 (10 ounce) bag coconut
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (10 ounce) package pecans, cookie pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugars, margarine, and Crisco; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Beat dry mixture into wet ingredients.
- Fold in all other ingredients.
- Form golf ball size clumps into cookies about the size of a silver dollar, or use a heaped cookie scoop, then press the tops flat.
- They will be about 1/2-inch thick.
- Space in staggered rows with about two inches between cookies.
- Bake on parchment-lined cookie sheets for 8-16 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in Lampasas Texas, a small town outside of Austin, with my two beautiful children; Chance (4 years-old) and Tara (7 years old) and loving husband, Craig. I am a full-time mother and wife. I volunteer at the school, library, and church, and am a member of Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) and a Womens Group. My hobby is making cards and stationery--stamping and scrapbooking. I know nothing about house keeping or cooking. Needless to say my children and husband are very patient, so are my friends. And no I'm not blond. <br /><br />Before children, I was a computer teacher/technical support person for a large school district. Therefore, I use my talents whenever needed.</p>