The King's Treat Pancake (Germany)
This recipe was found on the website germanculture.com. A dessert? A breakfast? I guess it's what you make of it!
- Ready In:
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Separate egg yolks from the whites, putting the whites in one bowl & the yolks in another, then beat the whites to a foam.
- In the bowl with the yolks, mix the yolks with flour, milk, sugar & salt, blending to a smooth dough.
- Add in the beaten whites & the sour cream, then mix in the raisins & chopped nuts.
- In a skillet, melt the butter, then spoon the dough onto the butter & fry on a low heat until golden-brown.
- Turn the pancake over & keep frying until done.
- Lay the pancake on a plate & sprinkle with powdered sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This made a delicious breakfast treat. I used a gluten free flour blend and reduced the raisins to about 1/3 cup. A cast iron skillet was used to cook the pancake. I did cover the pan during the cooking on the first side. To facilitate the flipping process the pancake was turned out on a large plate then slid back into the pan to cook the over side. It was cut and topped with fresh pear sauce for a super delicious treat. Made for It's Tapped--The Diabetic Oktoberfest.Reply
Well, we've been trying lots of new pancake recipes this week and this one is really good but you have to have a sweet tooth. The raisins added nice texture, but I would leave off the powdered sugar for this recipe. also, turning a large pancake was a challenge, so I would go with regular sized ones next time. :) The sour cream came thru nicely and would go great as extra on the side. Made for PRMRReply
see 3 more