The Good Cookie
- Ready In:
3 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground brazil nuts or 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Position a rack in the center of the oven; preheat to 375°.
- Lightly grease several baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, ground nuts, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer set on medium speed, cream the butter, brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Decrease mixer speed to low; add the eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate.
- Refrigerate the dough for 10 minutes.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets on wire racks for at least 5 minutes before transferring the cookies to the racks to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!