Good Old Roll-Out Sugar Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup vegan butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla.
- Mix in egg, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Add flour and mix until a dough-like form is reached.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before rolling out.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 1/4 inches thickness and cut out with desired cutters.
- Bake at 350°F.
- For soft cookie: 8 minutes, at first they will appear unfinished, but they will harden as they cool.
- For hard/crispy cookie: 12 minutes, they will become nice and crunchy once they cool.
- Frost with 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 2 Tbs water.
- Eat and enjoy.
Join The Conversation