The Essential Soft Oatmeal Cookies (King Arthur Flour)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons sour cream (or yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (or walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, oil and sugar.
- Add the egg, beating until fluffy, then beat in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Stir in the raisins and oats.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the bkaing soda, cinnamon, salt and flour. Add this mixture, a cup at at ime, to the oat mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in the nuts. Let the dough rest for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, drop the dough onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes, or until they're golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and transfer to a rack to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!