The Best Soft Ginger Cookies
I adore these cookies! I found the recipe in a cute cookbook called "365 quick and inexpensive dinner menus". Everyone (even those who say 'I don't like ginger cookies') loves these!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 3⁄4 cup shortening, creamed
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Combine shortening, sugar, molasses and egg and beat throughly.
- Add baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves to flour and mix together.
- Gradually add flour mixture to shortening mixture.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll into 1 inch bals and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet (I like to flatten them slightly with bottom of a glass).
- Bake at 325 for 8 minutes **very important not to over bake or else they won't be soft!**.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
these are so yummy! pretty easy too! the only thing i would like to say is for us who aren't into baking as much and may not know- the cookies need to be soft (i mean, really soft- like they are still undercooked) or else they will harden after they come out. I am not a baker , and didn't know that cookies naturally harden a little after they come out of the oven... that being said, they are still good- just harder than intended!! great recipe!Reply
see 1 more