The Best Homemade Meatballs
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400. Coat 2 large, rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients until well incorporated. Try not to overmix.
- Pinch off a teaspoon or so of the meat mixture and gently roll it into a 1-inch ball. Repeat, arranging the balls 1/2 inch apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake the meatballs until lightly browned and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- *Eat 'em right away: Toss warm meatballs with your favorite bar-b-que sauce and serve them on toasted sandwich rolls with a side of coleslaw or as an appetizer.
- *Freeze 'em for later: Arrange cooled meatballs evely spaced on a baking sheet and freeze them for 20 minutes. Transfer them to ziplok freezer bags and store them for up to three months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!