The Best Blueberry Muffins
photo by NoraMarie
- Ready In:
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; stir in the lemon rind and blueberries.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter and honey.
- Beat in the eggs; whisk in the milk.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients; pour in the milk mixture.
- Stir just until no dry spots remain; do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into greased or paper cup-lined muffin cups, filling three-quarters full.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Let stand 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>