Thai Chicken Sandwich
Recipe from familyoven.com Prep time does not include MARINATING.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup chili-garlic sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) chicken breasts
- 2 hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 ounces ketchup
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 ounces lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1. Mix soy sauce, lime juice, vegetable oil, chili garlic sauce and ketchup.
- 2. Add chicken breasts to mixture and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- 3. Remove from refrigerator and season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 4. Place on a hot grill or bake in a 400 degree oven until cooked completely through. A meat thermometer should read at least 155-160 degrees.
- 5. Mix mayonnaise and Thai chili sauce. Both the Thai chili sauce and the chili garlic sauce should be available in the Asian food section of the grocery store.
- 4. Brush 1 Tbl of the mayonnaise-Thai chili sauce mixture over each hamburger bun.
- 5. Place chicken on the bun and serve with lettuce and tomato.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made as written for the Goddesses of ZWT-9 because I wanted an easy-fix sandwich to accompany some leftover Asian soup for a "Soup & Sammie Nite". This tasty sammie turned out to be an excellent choice. I cut the chicken breasts into medallions, used the oven-method & the chicken was tender & flavorful. The sammie was juicy & a bit messy to eat, but better that than dry & tasteless as cardboard as some chicken sandwiches can be. For a fleeting moment I was tempted to lick the drips off the plate! Thx for sharing your recipe w/us.Reply