Thai Barbecue Sauce
photo by CoolMonday
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 ounces fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 5 ounces tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup plum sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 10 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ounce fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 ounces fresh lemongrass, chopped
- 3 ounces brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Heat the sesame oil and cook onion (be careful, sesame oil has a low flashpoint and burns easily).
- Add ginger and cook 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook 20 minutes.
- Strain and cook another 20 minutes.
- This will keep well in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!