photo by Cypress
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and seasoned
- 1 (5 ounce) box vermicelli (fideo)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 4 ounces tomato sauce, half a can
- 3 -4 tablespoons beef bouillon (Knorr is the best for this)
- 3 cups water
- 2 potatoes, medium sized & diced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a non-stick pan, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Cook diced potatoes until they start to turn golden.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat the other 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a separate pot. Mix the ground beef with the meat seasonings and cook until well done.
- Drain the excess oil and water from the ground beef, and put it back to cook some more. Remove the potatoes from the oil and toss with the ground beef.
- While the potato and beef mixture is cooking some more, brown the box of the vermicelli in the non-stick pan that has the remaining oil from cooking the potatoes.
- When the vermicelli is done, drain any excess oil (there shouldn't be much if any) and then add to the potato and beef mixture, along with the beef bouillon, water, and tomato sauce.
- Cook on high heat until it comes to a good boil, cover it and let it boil for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat completely and let sit for about 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Just made this and it was amazing. I threw in a 6.5 oz package of fideo noodles because that was all I had but I increased the tomato sauce to 3/4 cup and my boyfriend doesn't eat tiny onions or peppers so I halved them and cooked it that way and it still came out great! I'll be using this again for sure!