photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- sesame seeds, toasted in a skillet
- cooked rice
- green onion top, cut into 2-inch strips
- Place chicken in gallon sized zip-lock bag and the marinade ingredients. Place in bowl in refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Turn bag occasionally during the day.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.
- This can be cooked on grill or in broiler.
- Either way chicken should be cooked about 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to cutting board and let thighs rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice each piece at a diagonal. Sprinkle on toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice, and garnished with green onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Grilled teriyaki chicken is a pleaser in my house, so I used the chicken to mix with Recipe #180572 for the family and I had the chicken mixed with broccoli and some teriyaki sauce. I only marinated for a bout 30 min. but the chicken turned out with a nice flavor. Thanks Lavender Lynn, for posting. Roxygirl
This made for very moist and flavorful chicken. I reduced the amount of sesame oil, as a personal preference. I also made a double batch of the marinade (reserved from raw chicken) so my husband could pour extra sauce over his rice - by itself, the sauce is REALLY tangy. Served with rice and steamed veggie medley. Thanks for posting!
see 12 more reviews
This was really tasty. I used boneless chicken breasts and let them marinade all day while I was at work. I cooked them outside (in 30 degree weather) on the grill. I followed the recipe exactly as written other then I used the breasts instead of thighs and didn't add the onion tops. Everyone enjoyed this and it was simple to put together.