Tender Green Beans with Pancetta
I haven't tried this yet, but with spring coming and me ordering seeds, I start looking around for recipes I can use once the garden starts producing.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup diced pancetta (or other lean bacon)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Bring pot of salted water to boil.
- Drop beans in boiling water and cook until crisp/tender (about 5-7 minutes).
- Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta, garlic and red pepper until bacon is slightly crisp (about 5 minutes).
- Add beans and cook, stirring constantly, until beans are hot.
- Stir in salt and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delightful recipe- DH and I loved this! I must confess, however to not having found pancetta in the market and using the pepper bacon I had on hand (my market sadly, was out). I also used a generous DASH of crushed red pepper as DH and I love things spicy. This is a winner for us that will be repeated in our house. Thank you Kim for posting an easy way to dress up the green beans!! YUM! **Made for Beverage Tag 2008**Reply
see 7 more