Tamale Pie Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground meat
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes (stewed mexican are best)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder (add cumin for spice if you like)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 350. Saute onion and garlic. Add meat, brown and drain off fat. Add tomatoes, corn and seasoning, bring to boil. Pour mixture into casserole and press olives into mixture.
- Combine cornmeal, milk and eggs, spoon over the top. Bake for 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Domestic Goddess, Stay-Home Mommy, Sexy Wife.