Takeout Lemon Chicken
photo by MsSally
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken strips
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 small red pepper
- 85 g lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons kraft zesty Italian salad dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add chicken cook until cooked through. Add snow peas and strips of red peppers cook approximately 2 minutes.
- Mix dry Jello powder and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add broth, dressing and garlic, stir until Jello powder is dissolved. Add to skillet Reduce heat to medium cook 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve over hot rice. I served with egg rolls.
- *You can also jazz it up with 1 1/2 tsp ginger.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was a little skeptical of this recipe given the ingredients but it was soooo good. It really does taste like a sweet and sour chinese dish. The only changes I made was to use orange jello and I cooked my chicken breasts whole and then after they were cooked I cut into strips. Next time I will add more veggies and double the sauce. And there there will be a next time and a next time and a next time!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi it's fun to be part of RecipeZaar! I work full time and in my spare time I like to experiment in the kitchen. I also enjoy small hikes, biking and the outdoors. I look forward to travelling to new destinations in the future. It is always nice to try different tastes from different restaurants. I enjoy trying to recreate some of the memorable meals I have shared with my husband. He is more than willing to attempt any of my kitchen creations. I am an avid cookbook collector and my husband teases that I could open my own library! I guess I am always seeking that "perfect recipe". I have found many great recipes here on Zaar and I think some of the greatest cooks are on this site!! I hope you enjoy the recipes that I share with you. Have fun! Decadent1