Please note that the recipe does not recognize the ingredient Tahina sauce, so I am putting it here. Please use 4 heaping tablespoons of tahina sauce in the recipe. This is the recipe I make at home using tahina sauce as the main base. It is a basic recipe and just the way everyone in my family likes it. I'm glad, though, that there are so many different tahina recipes out there, because then you can just prepare the kind you like. Or you can do a combination of recipes to see which ones suits your fancy. For this recipe, I use bottled lemon juice, but you can always use fresh lemon juice if you like.
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons tahini sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground garlic
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons za'atar spice mix
- In a food processor combine all ingredients, minus the 2 tablespoons of water. Pulse on slow for 1 minute. Stir with spoon to check consistency, as it shouldn't be thick.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of water, and pulse again for 30 seconds. It should be fine at this point.
- Split the tahina onto two plates. Put 1 tablespoon and 1 1/2 tablespoons of zaatar on each plate. Serve immediately with pita bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This was a tasty recipe, sadly it was let down by the tahina I had on hand. It was quite bitter. The garlic flavours were just right and the lemon juice was not overpowering. I had never had Za'atar before and really enjoyed it! Thanks for a lovely recipe! Made for ZWT 6 - Zingo (Voracious Vagabonds)