Tagliatelle With Beetroot
- Ready In:
- 8 medium fresh beetroots
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125 ml white wine
- 225 ml chicken stock
- 250 ml sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream
- 400 g cooked fresh tagliatelle pasta noodles
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese, shavings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- preheat the oven to 400°F.
- wipe the beets clean,season then wrap them in aluminum foil with the cinnamon stick and roast for 45 mins or until soft.
- cool, unwrap and peel then chop up into 1/2 in dice.
- fry the shallots and garlic in oil until soft, add the wine, bring to the boil and reduce by 2/3rds.
- add the chicken stock and return to the boil, reduce by about 1/2.
- add the beets and sour cream, return to the boil and reduce to a thick sauce.
- Fold in the dill and horseradish, spoon over pasta and serve with the parmesan shavings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
While we did enjoy this, I am not sure that the cinnamon flavor "went" with this dish. But I usually am not too fond of savory and sweet mixed together. I cut the recipe in half and the fresh dill and parmesan were very nice. I also used 2 cloves of garlic. Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT 6, Zingo.
An interesting recipe in that I like beets & dill, while my other half likes horseradish & parmesan, "& so betwinkst the 2 of us, we licked the platter clean" so to speak! I thought this recipe a great new way to dress up beets & will definitely be making it again! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed during the ZINGO part of ZWT6]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello, thought I should update this page a wee bit now we have a new furbaby called Bismila as well as our beloved Maddie who is the star of the photo. I live with my husband Keir in the North East of Scotland between Inverness and Aberdeen, it is very beautiful here. My DH is a keen salmon fisherman and is in the right place to do this! I ran my own pubs and restaurants for many years until arthritis made catering just too much for me, I am 'semi' retired now and can't seem to drag myself away from this site. I have met some wonderful people here and made good friends for which I am eternally grateful. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/9dcd2f11.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/bella_donata/My%20Art/Recipezaar/goldsparkle.png" border="0" alt="Made by Bella14ragazza"> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/Purple-Swap-AM-Banner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/saltpepper_amtag.jpg" border="0" alt="Salt and Pepper"> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/Halloween/4811_180750-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">