photo by Probably This
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning or 7 teaspoons taco seasoning, Taco Seasoning - Budget Friendly Seasoning for Tacos, Burritos..
- 3⁄4 cup water or 3/4 cup beer
- 8 fresh cilantro stems, minced (optional)
- 1 pinch sugar (optional)
- lettuce, shredded (optional)
- cheese, shredded (optional)
- tomatoes, seeded and chopped (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- sliced jalapeno (optional)
- leftover corn (optional)
- leftover beans (optional)
- leftover rice (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- Cook meat, onion, garlic and cilantro stirring often til meat is no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add seasoning and 3/4 cup water or beer to meat mixture and stir to blend. Only use beer if you like beer! lol You could also use half beer and half water. DH always comes in and adds a glug or two from his can behind my back so I never know exactly how much is in there! grrrr.
- Simmer until liquid has evaporated.
- Serve with desired toppings. Get creative! Use what you like!
- This can fill tortillas, corn or flour, or be used to top corn or tortilla chips. When I make this I make a taco salad on my plate, dd makes that or some tacos and dh always makes nachos putting only cheese on top and microwaving til the cheese is melty. To each his own! I get three different meals with one skillet! Happy mama!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great taco recipe! I especially liked using the beer instead of water, it made the meat mixture more saucy than water will. I also liked the addition of corn on the tacos, which I've never had before. For toppings we used sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes(well, DH used those), cheese, red onion and the corn. I was going to make the Recipe #166030 but was out of chili powder so I just used a packet of taco sesaoning. Thanks Hope!