Taco Salad for a Crowd
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded taco cheese
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package corn chips
- In large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the ketchup, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives and beef mixture.
- Combine mayonnaise and taco sauce; pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with corn chips.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was enjoyed by all tonight. We're in the midst of a heat wave and this recipe was perfect. It's both quick to prepare and delicious. I made one change and used 5% sour cream instead of mayo. It would be easy to jazz this up by adding garlic to the frying beef and adding some chopped green onions to the mix before serving. Made for PRMR tag.
Made this for lunch for DD and I. I didn't have taco sauce, so used 1/4 cup of rotel tomatoes and chilis, I left out the olives and used kidney beans instead, personal preference and used restaurant style torilla chips. We thought this turned out perfect. I don't like the taco salads with the french or thousand island style dressing so this was perfect for us. Thanks for sharing Lainey!! Made for Photo tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!