I grew up with my mom making this salad in her big gold bowl. Us kids would always tease her because the salad seemed to grow each time she made it. Now I am making this salad for my kids in my big blue bowl. Oh, and mom still has the big gold bowl--it always brings back memories!
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces tortilla chips, crumbled
- 6 ounces avocados, cubed
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 15 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 8 ounces reduced-calorie Italian dressing
- In large bowl combine onion, tomato, lettuce, cheese, tortilla chips and avacado.
- Brown ground beef; drain. Add kidney beans and cook till beans are heated through.
- Add meat mixture to bowl; pour dressing over top and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately!