A simple tasty way to serve tomatoes.
- Ready In:
- 8 good sized ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 onion, grated
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Butter a baking dish with 2 inch sides.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds.
- Lightly salt them Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add flour, salt pepper, paprika and mustard-whisk well and bring to a bubbling simmer.
- Add milk and Worcestershire sauce and whisk again.
- Turn up the heat to medium and slowly whisk in the egg yolks.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Place tomatoes, cut side up in the casserole dish and pour sauce over top.
- Bake about 25 minutes until browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 7 more