Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 dried Thai red chili peppers
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup boiled apple cider syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar (5% acidity)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cook-type Clear Jel (NOT Sure-Jel)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In a small blender pulse the garlic, peppers, water and cider syrup until finely minced.
- Pour into a saucepan with the sugar, vinegar and salt.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together Clear Jel and ¼ cup water in a small bowl.
- Bring chili mixture to a boil and whisk in the Clear Jel.
- Stir constantly for one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Fill jar(s) with mixture, leaving 1/2” headspace.
- Process for 15 minutes in a waterbath, or refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"