Sweet Soy Mushrooms on Toast
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter, plus a llittle extra for spreading
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 12 ounces small mushrooms, wiped clean and halved
- 1⁄2 ciabatta, loaf cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons ketjap manis (or 2 tbs dark soy sauce and 1 tsp honey)
- salt and pepper
- chives, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and mushrooms and stir fry over a high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast 6 slices of the ciabatta bread.
- Add the ketjap manis to the mushrooms and toss over a high heat for a few seconds more - it should caramelize instantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the toast onto warmed plates, and spread with a little butter if you wish. Spoon on the mushrooms and sprinkle over the chives if using.
- Serve immediately.
Join The Conversation
Luscious and yummy all in one bite! This is a GREAT breakfast. I made the mushrooms up the night before, so breakfast was a slap and a dash. I used the soy sauce and honey...but think it's interesting that this ingredient LOOKS like the way you'd spell KETCHUP if you were being totally phonetic! Hmmm.... Anyway, I think these would be neat to serve at a tea party too, for one of the savories. *ZWT 6 Team "Ya Ya Cookerhood" Ya Yas Rock!*
I'm not even sure why I tried this because how could mushrooms with soy sauce taste good on toast?!? Well, I don't know but they sure did!!! I had large mushrooms so I cut them into 3 pieces. I used the dark soy and honey option and only had white bread. I should have used the optional butter on toast, but that's the only change I would make. FaNtAsTiC! Made for ZWT6. Thanks English_Rose! :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)