Sweet Potato Puree With Brown Sugar and Sherry
Here is a more grown-up version of a tradtional holiday side dish.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 lbs medium yams (red skins)
- 2 lbs medium sweet potatoes (tan skins)
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 5 tablespoons dry sherry
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pierce all potatoes in several places with a fork. Bake until tender when pierced with a knife, about 55 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out potato pulp into a large bowl. Add butter and brown sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth. Beat in Sherry. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION