Sweet Potato Crunch
- Ready In:
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar (light)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Bake sweet potatoes at 350 degrees until tender, approx 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Mash potatoes and remove outer skins.
- Combine potatoes and next five ingredients in a mixer.
- Spread in baking dish.
- For the topping: Mix and spread over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees until hot. Serves 6.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have a huge harvest of sweet potatoes from my garden this year, and found this recipe while looking for new ideas. I agree with Kerry that all the ingredients added to the sweet potato base would be way too much. Sweet potatoes are rich and sweet enough on their own and the crunch topping, with nuts, butter, and brown sugar, is very sweet and rich as well. I can't even stand those horrid recipes that include marshmallows in the sweet potato casseroles. Anyway, I used some of the sweet potatoes I dug up today and made this recipe but added nothing to the plain, cooked sweet potatoes other than the crunch topping. It was delicious and as sweet and rich as *I* want a sweet potato recipe to be.
see 1 more reviews