SWEET MINI MEATBALL APPETIZER #Ragu
photo by gmvolt
- Ready In:
72 mini meatballs
Ingredients for Meatballs
- 16 ounces lean ground beef
- 16 ounces ground pork
- 2 slices of day old Italian bread, soaked in water & squeezed dry (or whatever is available)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro or 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced onion (small onion)
- 3 large cloves finely minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (24 ounce) jars Ragú® Pasta Sauce (old world style marinara sauce)
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 2 sheet pans with vegetable oil spray.
- Mix together the beef and pork in a large bowl, turning a few times so as not to over mix.
- Using a large fork or your hands, add bread and beaten eggs to meat and mix with about 6 or 7 turns. Add all remaining ingredients and gently incorporate into meat. Do not over mix or meatballs will be tough.
- Make one inch meatballs (a 1-inch scoop helps ) and place on sprayed sheet pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- While meatballs are cooking, pour both jars of Ragu Old World Style Marinara into a large saucepan and heat over medium heat. When the meatballs are cooked, add to the Ragu sauce. Serve hot and provide small skewers on the side to pick up the meatballs. Reserve some of the sauce and place in a bowl for dipping the meatballs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!