Sweeney's Irish Soda Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Put raisins in a small saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Drain water off raisins.
- Mix sour cream with milk.
- In large bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- Add raisins to dry ingredients.
- Add sour cream and milk to dry ingredients.
- Mix until all flour is absorbed (batter will be sticky).
- Place batter in 8 or 9 inch round spring cake pan.
- Cut shape of cross in top to allow steam to escape while baking.
- Bake 1 hour @ 350 degrees.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket> <br> <br>I retired in 1994.I have taken over the kitchen ever since. With my wife's permission of course.I just love to cook. <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket>