Super-Special Banana Bread Two Ways
photo by under12parsecs
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 bananas (use completely black bananas, this is very important)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon whiskey
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- cinnamon sugar (for dusting pan)
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- brown sugar (for dusting pan)
- Heat oven to 325°. Grease or spray 2 loaf pans. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar in one and dust as you would with flour. Sprinkle brown sugar in the other and dust.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a masher or by well washed hands.
- Mix next 11 ingredients (through pudding mix) by hand, first dissolving soda in buttermilk-- use a larger container as it will foam up quite a bit.
- Divide batter mixture in half. To one half add walnuts, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour into pan dusted with cinnamon sugar. To the other half of batter add chocolate chips. Pour into brown sugar dusted pan.
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar or brown sugar.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out ALMOST clean. Totally clean will mean a dryer loaf.
- Let cool 15 minutes after removing from oven and remove from pans. Or, bake in tin foil pans and let cool, cover with foil, slide into freezer bags and freeze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!