Super Simple, but Oh so Tasty Tomato Soup
This was inspired by another tomato soup recipe with additional ingredients. I kept it simple and made a great soup to pair with grilled cheese.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil (I use Del Monte brand, others would work)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- In a saucepan, sauté onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in seasoned tomatoes (with juice), soup, and milk.
- With a wand blender, whirl soup until desired consistency.
- Bring almost to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I am addicted to this soup! In the past two weeks, I've made this soup three times! I can't get enough of it. The onions, diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil, and the milk all give this soup a depth of flavors missing from simple tomato soup. It also has a very pleasing texture after giving it a whirl with the braun hand mixer. I will never again have plain old tomato soup straight from the can. This soup is the best and it is sooo easy to make! Thanks for the great recipe!