- Ready In:
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2⁄3 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 7 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with lemon juice. Stir in the onion, tomato, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Mash beans with 1/3 cup of water; place in skillet, and cook over medium heat until hot.
- Stir in oil; remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another skillet cook beef; drain. Stir in chili powder and remaining water; cook until liquid evaporates.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange chips in a single layer.
- Top with teaspoonfuls of bean and meat mixtures.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400°F until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.
- Top with avocado mixture and sour cream
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have always loved to cook. This got me into trouble with my wieght, because I loved to eat what I cooked. I am now a weight watcher, I have to lighten most recipes. My favorite cookbooks are Taste of Home & Taste of Home Light. MY pet peeve is boxed dinners. I do love simple and quick though. I have 3 grown sons, one is in last semester of college, one is married and a new baby is on the way, so I will be grandma in January. My daughter-in-law hates to cook, they order prepared food off the internet, that makes me crazy. ha. I love animals, but right now only have one dog. A bloodhound. She is so loveable, I would recommend this breed to anyone as long as you have patience, but they are one of the most loving breeds out there.My married son has 3 lab. retrievers,a baby will be easy after those 3 monsters, as I lovingly called them when they were pups. My oldest son has a Rottwieller. I have had 3 Rotts, they have all pasted, buy they are a really great breed. They are so smart and loveable, I guess that's why people who chose to make them bad, can do so, all they want to do is please their owners. My real passion is shoes, shoes, shoes. I also love jewelry, but shoes, shoes, shoes,!!!!! Update I am finally grandma to the prettiest baby girl ever. She was born on Jan. 15, her name is Mariah. She is perfect!