Sunday Dinner Pot Roast
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, cut 2 ",thick
- 2 teaspoons mccormick grill mates McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 4 potatoes, peeled and halved
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 ",pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- all-purpose flour, for thickening
- Place meat in 4 quart baking pan and sprinkle with steak seasoning.
- Combine beef broth with basil, oregano and thyme and add to pan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours.
- Uncover meat and scatter potatoes, carrots and onion around roast.
- Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours more or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from pan and slice.
- Arrange on serving dish and surround with vegetables.
- If desired, thicken pan juices with flour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York. I am retired and now have time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren.