Summer Tomato Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- Combine all the ingredients, except the pasta.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- The longer, the better.
- Marinate at room temperature.
- Cook the pasta in salted water until"al dente".
- Drain thouroughly& transfer to a bowl.
- Add the sauce and toss.
- Adjust your seasonings to taste and serve with extra parmesan cheese.
- You may use spaghetti, zitis, shells or rotini.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe during the summer tomato-growing season, and wonderful for somebody like me who is avoiding salt. With all the herbs you don't miss it. I used your recipe as a base, substituting fresh for dried basil, then added in sauteed mushrooms and zucchini and ate it over fettucini. I'll definitely make it again!
This is a lovely recipe for hot weather. I cut it back to 1/2 pound tomatoes, which came to about 2 medium ones. It's such a simple recipe, but I don't think I would have thought to do it myself, and now that I've made it, I can think about adding other things...like olives or even anchovies. Thank you, Pat
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Living in the south, much time is spent outdoors, growing a few veggies and, of course flowers. I love to cook (especially Italian) I collect Italian cookbooks I like it when people ask for one of my recipes Pet peeve? People who say they don't like a certain food, without ever having tasted i tasted it