Summer Squash Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Got this from Southern Living magazine a long time ago. They used Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yellow squash
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut squash and zucchini into 1/4-inch slices; place in a Dutch oven. Add chopped onion, 2 tsp salt and water to cover. Brint to a boil over medium-high heat and cook 5 minutes; drain well.
- Stir together grated carrots, cream of chicken soup, sour cream water chestnuts and remaining 2 tsp salt; fold in squash mixture. Stir together stuffing and 1/2 cup butter and spoon half of stuffing mixture in bottom of lightly greased 13x9 baking dish. Spoon squash mixture over stuffing mixture and top with remaining stuffing mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown, covering with aluminum foil after 20-25 minutes if necessary to prevent excessive browning.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION